1) Get PlayOnMac here: http://www.playonmac.com/en/download.html PlayOnMac is a free Wine-based program that will create virtual drives on your computer. It won't take up a lot of space. Currently this only supports Snow Leopard and Lion.
2) Once you download JDReborn from the Downloads, it's not going to be the most recently updated. I suggest that you update it on a Windows computer for safety reasons.
3) Open up PlayOnMac, and a little window should pop up. Click the "Install a program" located on the right, or the "+" button located on the top of the window. This will prompt another window to appear, named "PlayOnMac install menu". There will be categories at the top, and underneath that, a search bar.
4) Type into the search bar (or look under the Internet category) for Internet Explorer 8. Install it through the wizard. I tried Internet Explorer 7, but for unknown reasons it didn't work (sorry I don't specialize in computers). It might just be me though.
5) After installation is complete, there will be a new file in the small PlayOnMac window called Internet Explorer 8. Highlight that, and at the right-hand side there will be new options. Click "Configure".
6) I am not sure if there is another, quicker way to do this but this way works for me: A "PlayOnMac configuration" window will appear, go to "Miscellaneous". Under that, click "Run a .exe file in this virtual drive." Find your elementclient.exe in your computer, select it, and after a few seconds your client will load.
NOTE: There may be limiting factors in the future, I don't know. The best way to run JDReborn is still on a Windows computer, or through Bootcamp. Throw your Mac out the windows and buy a Windows PC. Thanks for reading.
There are 2 alternatives if this doesn't work for you, - the first one is VMWare which is going to run a windows pc inside your mac - the second one is Parallels which also runs windows pc on mac. - third one is Apple BootCamp which is official apple product that lets you install windows 10 on a mac.
Step 1: Open Terminal the first thing you need is to open Terminal. To do so just press Ctrl + Alt + T on your keyboard and this screen should pop up like this.
Step 2: Wine Next we need to do is to download the Wine compatibility loader for Ubuntu. Wine is an amazing program that will run windows programs inside of Linux. To do so you need to put this in the purple and white window.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
then press enter and enter your login password to continue. then press enter again
Then update APT package information by copying this into your Terminal screen sudo apt-get update
When it finishes You can now install Wine by typing sudo apt-get install wine1.6 into the Terminal screen
then hit y to say yes to install it.
Step 3: Winetricks Now that Wine is done installing we need to run winetricks to set up Wine. In our terminal screen we are going to type winetricks and press enter. A screen will pop up asking to choose a wineprefix. Select Default the Wine prefix option and press ok. Another screen will pop up asking What would you like to do to this wineprefix? Select Install a Windows DLL or component option and press ok. a screen will pop up asking Which package(s) would you like to install ? Select d3dx10, d3dx11_42, d3dx11_43, all of the d3dx9's, d3dxof, devenum, dinput, dinput8, dirac, directmusic, directplay, directx9, dmsynth, dotnet20, dotnet30, dotnet40, dxdiag, dxdiagn, ffdshow, vb2run, vb3run, vb4run, vb5run, vbrun6run, vcrun2003, vcrun2008, vcrun2010, vcrun6, vcrun6sp2, and vjrun20.
this process will take some time as it downloads the files and installs them correctly..
Step 4: Internet Explorer 7 After all of that is installed into Wine we need ie7 from the windows homepage. the link is here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer-7-details.aspx it will say that "Internet Explorer 7 is not compatible with your system." Ignore that warning and select the top one for Windows xp and press next then download. the download is fairly small so it should be fast to complete. now run the installer and Wine will run the installer should take a few minutes.