April 19, 2024, 11:32:32 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

[GUIDE] How to install Jade Dynasty on your Mac

Started by koulbichok, March 24, 2022, 02:05:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

koulbichok

March 24, 2022, 02:05:30 pm Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 05:16:11 pm by koulbichok
Introduction

This forum already has a guide on how to install Jade Dynasty on your Mac and Linux, however, as my experience has shown, that guide is already outdated and needs to be finalized, so I decided to write my own.Because since then, new versions of Mac OS have already been released, as well as new processors on the ARM architecture.
For all of the following, any Mac that can provide you with the necessary performance will be suitable. In my case, I tried this method on a MacBook Air M1 with 16 GB of RAM (Mac OS Big Sur 11.6) and a 2012 Mac Mini with Intel core i5 (2 cores), 8 GB of RAM (OS X El Capitan OS X 10.11), HDD.

So, in order to play jade dynasty on your Mac, you will need to do the following:

1) You need to download the internet explorer installation files. I recommend downloading internet explorer 11 for windows 7 64-bit. (In principle, any version will do, the main thing is that it fits the version of the operating system that your bottle creates (more on that later).
You can find these installation files on the internet

2) Next, you need to download the Crossover program. It is paid, but it is given 14 days of free use, and you can very easily reinstall it after this period and use it again for free. Or you can find a patched version somewhere on torrents.
You also need to download the version of Crossover that is suitable for your Mac OS version. For example, for Big Sur (Mac OS 11.6) I am using the latest version of Crossover as of today. For El Capitan (OS X 10.11) I use Crossover version 17, newer ones just don't work on El Capitan.

3) After installing Crossover, you need to open Crossover and install the Internet explorer that you downloaded in this program. During installation, the program will ask you through which bottle you want to install Internet explorer. You will be offered several operating systems to choose from. Choose, accordingly, the operating system with which the Internet explorer that you downloaded is compatible. Also, the version of the operating system in the bottle must be compatible with Jade Dynasty (Obviously).
4) Next, you need to download your Jade Dynasty. Then open Crossover, select the bottle you installed with internet explorer and do run command, where you have to browse the launcher file in Jade Dynasty folder. After that, the version of Jade Dynasty will be updated to the latest and you will be able to launch the game. The first time you start, you will get an error and will be prompted to install DirectX. Do it.
5) That's it! You can play Jade Dynasty on your Mac, but there's something else you need to do. Run the launcher again and set the minimum graphics settings for Jade Dynasty, then you can start the game itself. If you don't get any errors, but the game just freezes at the very start, then close everything and try to launch the game not through the launcher, but through elementclient32 (run the command -> overview -> open elementclient32). For example, on my Mac mini, the game only works through a 32-bit client.

Conclusion

After all described above, you will be able to play Jade Dynasty on your Mac. And I will say a couple of comments on this.
On the MacBook Air M1, the game works awesome, stable 60 fps at maximum graphics settings almost always. You can perfectly participate in pvp and not deny yourself anything.
On an old Mac Mini, not everything is so good anymore. The game runs on low graphics settings, there is no 60 fps, but it is quite possible to play and pass instances. You can also minimize the window with the game and put your character on the farm, as well as on the PC.

If you have any questions or suggestions to supplement this guide - write the comments.