April 17, 2024, 12:58:34 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

[CLASSIC] Bloodsmelting And You

Started by Laeluan, June 25, 2019, 01:25:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Laeluan

What is Bloodsmelting?

Espers are less random floating thingamabobs, and more powerful magical objects with a soul. Thus, it is possible to fuse one esper into another by adding a few drops of blood; hence the phrase "Bloodsmelting". This, at least, is what the game tells you. Of course, espers in-game also corrupt people using them, which doesn't exactly happen to us, so... gameplay and story segregation and all that.
What happens when bloodsmelting two espers, is that the average power of the two espers is mixed; ideally resulting in a stronger esper. But, in some cases (and especially if there is a big difference between the power of the bloodsmelted espers), the fusion can result in a weaker esper than what you started with.

Each esper also comes in three qualities: Precious, Heavenly, and Divined. Each quality determines how high the base stats of that esper is compared to its potential maximum--compare it to Pokémon's IV system if you are familiar with that. A Divined esper will thus provide much greater benefits than a Precious esper of the same type.

How do I do it?

Simple! first, go to the esper mystic in any town, and choose the bloodsmelt option. Take the two espers you wish to bloodsmelt; putting the esper you want to enhance into 'main' and the other into 'source'. Then, just click, and give yourself a few seconds to finish the smelting.

Whaaaat?!? My esper isn't stronger!

This is very common. It will take at least a few bloodsmelts before your espers will change its status from 'precious', over 'heavenly', to 'divined'. The higher the base power of the espers you are trying to bloodsmelt is, the more attempts it will take. Tier 1 Espers will divine within a few attempts, while tier 5 espers are notorious for refusing to grow at all.

Okay. Why does my Bloodsmelting fail when i try, then?

In all likelyhood, this is because Bloodsmelting require the use of a medium to control the fusion process. You most commonly gain these by trading a treasure bowl (gained in a myriad of ways, such as chests, lotteries, fishing and more) with Tonni in Sunstream for the medium needed for your main esper. For tier 5 espers, you have to use wonder mediums for the trade (fishing event, usually. With the low amount of tier 5 espers available at the time of writing and the inability to trade them for mediums, however, it is considered Jade Dynasty's equivalent of catching an old boot).

So main esper is the esper I want to use--but what must I use as source?

The source esper can be any esper, as long as it is at or below the enlightenment requirement of your main esper. People will often choose to use a tier 1 esper as the source due to it low cost and overall versatility. However, the greater the difference between the main and source espers, the more risk you run of your main esper either not improving or even dropping in stats. A good rule of thumb is to go no less than a tier below your main esper.

I want to Bloodsmelt my 105 esper. How do I do this so I minimize the risk of my esper dropping in quality?

As Bloodsmelting takes the average power of your two espers, it means that a divine esper will be more efficient than a precious esper of the same type. To all but nullify the risk of lowering your esper's quality and stats, divine a large amount of level 75 espers and bloodsmelt those into your main esper. Alternatively, and potentially cheaper, buy divine espers from other players. This does require other players to divine espers for the purpose of selling, and at the time of writing there has not yet been enough demand for this service.

Does the usage of the esper matter? Will a tier 1 esper at level 30 have more of an effect than a tier 1 esper at level 1?

This is an issue of greatly differenting opinions. Some people will claim that it matter, others will say that it is only the underlying growth of the esper that has any influence what so ever. I am in the latter camp, and will say that it is the base stats of the esper that matter.

How many bloodsmelts do I have to do to divine my esper?

In my experience, it will take 25-28 trigrams in average to divine a tier 3 esper. The lowest I've had was 12 trigrams to divine a tier 3 esper, the highest was 53.

Is there an easy way to keep track of my esper's growth?

The higher the use-level of an esper is, the higher its stats are, and the easier it is to keep track of even minute chance in your esper's growth. I recommend a minimal use-level of 20 to be able to see the exact changes bloodsmelting brings to your esper. If you are impatient to get your esper levelled quickly, catalyze it at any esper Mystic with Tiamat Blood or Wyvern Blood (available from the marketplace).

What about those espers i see that have red/orange stats, then?

Red/orange stats are only known to appear on trigrams. They signify a 'locked' growth in that stat, in that further bloodsmelting will only increase the orange stat, and thus allows you to better control which stat gets increased at the cost of a slower growth. While this is overall considered useless on low-tier espers due to the short time a character will use such one, many want it on a higher esper--although few will add it on any esper under tier 3 (gambler cube and chi bottle aside).

To transfer, simply place the orange-stat trigram as source, and a Best Dragon Skin in Medium. If you wish to transfer the stat to an esper under tier 3, you must replace the Skin with the equivalent for the esper's level (obtained by trading Tonni a Skin).

CompeR