April 25, 2024, 08:10:42 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

[ Guide ] linux Wine Staging + lutris

Started by phidoux, November 06, 2019, 12:20:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

phidoux

November 06, 2019, 12:20:57 am Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 12:34:03 am by phidoux
I have been able to successfuly install this game using lutris with wine staging.
 [Lutris]
    I used the following guide to install lutris on my devuan install you should be able to find instructions for non debian systems.
    https://www.osradar.com/how-to-install-lutris-debian-9/

Download the zip file and extract it to a folder if you do it right the extractor should create a folder callde JDRClassic
    run lutris clickthe + icon and add game

edit:
    on this section of the I had to install winehq.key so I did the release.key and repeated the commands with winehq.key
    :~$ wget -nc https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/Release.key
    :~$ sudo apt-key add Release.key
    done as so.
    :~$ wget -nc https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/winehq.key
    :~$ sudo apt-key add winehq.key

[Game Info]
     Name: is a required field i put "JDRClassic" but you can put what you prefer.
     The only thing that must be set specificaly is the Runner and that must be wine.

[Game Options]
    You are going to have to manualy set this up i start with the wine directory
    Wine prefix: where you want the sandbox to be installed on mine its in a folder in my home directory called Games and named JDRClassic
    Working Directory: should be where the Contents of the zip will be stored
    Executable: is the Launcher.exe found in the Contents of the zip file
    PRefix architecture: needs to be 64bit or left on auto

[Runner Options]
    Wine version should be either lutris default or wine staging/system default
    Current versions on my system is lutris-4.16-x86_64 and Wine-Staging 4.19

Save the settings and you should have the game in the list with what ever name you gave it in the first part.

Right click the game and open "wine configuration" this will allow wine to build the nessisary file structure go a head and close the window when its done.

Right click the game and open "winetricks"
    Select the default wineprefix
    Change settings
    remove_mono ( i am not sure if this is nessiary but it aided the installation of a dll file later)
    Click ok

When wine tricks pops back up navigate to.
    Install a font
    Check droid
    Click ok

Wine tricks should return again and you navigate to.
    Install a Windows DLL or component
    Check dotnet20
    Click ok (this part will take a good amount of time be patient and wait for wintricks to pop back up)

When wine tricks pops back up return to.
    Install a Windows DLL or component
    Check vcrun2010
    Click ok.

When wine tricks pops up again you are done this should solve any broken icons and if they break again you may need to do this again whe wine
updates if so just remove the wineprefix directory and all hiden files and repeat this guide.

This game works without vulkan but might get a boost if your card supports it, minimum dx9 support is nessisary for this to work.