News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Celan - simple guide

Started by azazel, July 17, 2018, 12:53:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

azazel

July 17, 2018, 12:53:23 pm Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 12:55:13 pm by azazel

Introduction

Celan is 4th class in the Athan race who came to Jade Dynasty with Rayan in the Legacy patch.  It is also Athan's healer faction just like Skysong for Human race. Both the classes offer healing and buffing abilities, but skysong is more defensively focused and relies highly on his Sleep RES (because of Immesurable Truth in Tier 5), on the other hand, Celan is armed with numerous arrays which provide his allies with various useful buffs or curses the enemies in a large area. Celan also introduced a very useful defensive ability which makes most of his foes go mad - Reflection of damage (Mirror in the Moon in Tier 4). It is because Celan has no Raja or Invincibility skill, but you have to be really careful when dealing damage to him, because your own attack towards Celan may become the last move you do in the battlefield.

Skill and Tome tree: http://jd.pwdatabase.com/pwi/calc/Celan#r313z48014651349z3591549z3903349505595255223322233x123311122233s113311232x1233&45

1. As you can see, I did not specifically go for affinity focus separately, cause you need to reset your build for different affinities at least 1 time. This is considered the end-game skill build you want to achieve. At level 141 you should have all those skills learnt.
2. When it comes to Tome points, Celan is one of the hardest classes to tome properly cause it requires at least lvl 45 chroma to have all the important tomes learnt. However, you can choose the priority of the tomes.

Affinity:

Dagos

This affinity is for those who enjoy Celan in his opposite. Celan is generally known for his famous skill from Tier 4 - Soundblade Emperor, which kills enemies with the difference between the caster's and the target's Spirit. Here, Dagos offers another skill, based on your Health. It is called Soundblade Storm 2 and the bleed it causes is devastating if you do not remove it quickly. Dagos affinity also supports more offensively focused players with higher Critstrike Rate, Resistances and boosts Soundblade Emperor damage and Flowing Cloud (running skill) duration.

Felkin

You enjoy watching your target loosing its Spirit while preparing to hit the button with Soundblade Emperor to "K.O" your enemy? This does not have to happen all the time, because classes like Balo have immunities (Ancient Soul) which ignores drain. BUT!!! Felkin is the solution here, because it offers an instant Spirit drain ability which is amazing against such classes or enemies with high Spirit pool. Felkin also increases your Max Spirit through factional chroma skill Tone of Ancestor according to your Silence RES multiplied by x-times. Heavenly Echoses chroma version also decreases your target's Max Spirit so it is another warming fact for your Spirit-drain celan.

Fuwa

This affinity is for those who enjoy Celan in its most annoying way. Mirror in the Moon, one of the best defensive abilities in the game is boosted here, offering more frequent temporary reflections against damage recieved, also the chance of activating reflection upon using particular buffs is raised. More surprisingly, you also get a skill to reset Mirror in the Moon and Flowing Cloud cooldowns. Fuwa is defensively focused "AoE-r" (Area of enemies). Affinity offers 50% Attack power buff which, in combination with spammable Petals Drop (Tier 5), hits like a rocket launcher. This affinity is for those who want to stay alive as long as possible while dealing damage to others, expecting them to hit back and kill themselves. Chroma skill Heavenly Echoes curses your target, making it loose 2 buffs and decreasing their Skill Acc by large numbers and the effect lasts until the skill comes out of the cooldown. HOW AMAZING!

My pick?

Of all the affinities, I enjoyed Fuwa the most. Everything it has to offer just suited my playstyle perfectly. Having reflection up as long as possible to support my allies in the battle or despawning Rayan's shadow or Arden's beast was just incredible :D

Gear

Let's simplify it
Dagos - Battleground gear (Soundblade Storm 2) or Chu Han Gear (Soundblade Emperor)
Felkin - Chu Han gear
Fuwa - Chu Han gear

Accessories

This purely depends on your priorities. It also depends on your Affinity. As a dagos I would use Skill Accuracy rings and necklace with Critical Rate. As a felkin I would go for Critical Rate necklace and Ultimate Truth rings. As a fuwa I would choose Critnull necklace and Ultimate Truth rings.

Esper - Sinister Orb or Soul Scepter mainly for Spirit Drain ability

Charms - Strings of Moon , Memorable Dity, Solemn Composition

Trinket - depends on the RES you want to boost, I would choose Freewande trinket (more immunity to Slow)

Chi - Chi of Nirvana is the path

Soulstones - as a Dagos you want Health on your stone, Felkin and Fuwa usually route for Spirit
Additional stats would be Skill Accuracy, Critnull, Damage Reduction, Anti-damage reduction, Silence RES

PROS
- buffs
- heals
- solo pvp potential
- curses
- damage reflection
- resurrection
- spammable Tier 5 AoE

CONS
- slow
- lacks Health and Defense
- no raja, invincibility
- highly Spirit-reliant
- stagnates at early PvE

I hope you enjoyed this simple guide and will find it useful if you decide to give Celan a chance ;)

Do you want to get some nice rewards for your new account? Then do not hesitate and use the links below. We will both get amazing stuff in the game ;)

Refferal link for the account registration:
https://jadedynasty.online/?page=register&ref=5040
Inductor code: 6000706X000010059004300Z11da1f

CompeR